What are note templates?
Note templates allow you and your team to store and add sales playbooks to your notes. For example, if your company uses MEDDIC methodology or an equivalent, you can create a note template for each of the stages of the MEDDIC process, with an inline field for each. When added to the note, it will create an inline field for the opportunity assigned to that note, so you can capture mission critical information while on your calls.
You can add personal note templates, or create ones that your entire organization can use.
Creating a Template
- Open a note and press the '+' icon on the "My Templates" or "Team Templates" section on the right-hand navigation bar.
- Enter a title for your template
- Create the template body to be inserted in the note.
- To add inline field templates, press the '/' key and select the type of Salesforce record (i.e. Opportunity).
- Find the field you'd like to add, then press the enter key, or click on the field name.
- Once you're done, press "Create" to save your template.
Inserting a Template
- When editing a note, press the '/' key to pull up your commands menu.
- Select the "My Templates" or "Team Templates" option
- Select the template you'd like to insert
Tips & Tricks
- If you add an inline field to a template for a contact and the note has multiple contacts assigned to it, inserting the template will add a field for each contact on the note.
Questions & Feedback
If you have any questions or feedback regarding this feature, contact email@example.com